- What is a common obstacle for you that stops you from creating or participating in one of your hobbies? Write a short story where that obstacle is a character. What is that character like and how do you interact with it?
- Write a character description of yourself. Go into the same details that you would for any other character. What do you look like, how do you act and what are your main character traits?
- Take a poem, character description, scene or something else that you have created in the past and turn it into a short story or the beginning of a longer narrative. The focus is to use an idea or creation that may not be that fresh in your memory to create something new and something whole.
- Do you remember a friend you had when you were a child? Was he or she imaginary, a stuffed animal or real? Write about this friend and the fun times you two shared. Focusing on what you played and the adventures you went on.
- Create a new word or a few new words. Define them using the standard dictionary way of defining words. This is so that you are clear about the words meaning. Once the definition is set write a story that uses your word/ words. Make sure that the word/ words in the story have clear definitions and that you can figure out the new words inside the story itself.
I hope you enjoy reading this post and are inspired by these prompts. If you do use them please let me know.
Thank you for reading and have a wonderful day.