- Imagine you or your character is attacked or finds themselves in a fight. What is their reaction? What do they do? How do they respond and who wins?
- Tell a story set in the future where you have something that you are waiting for.
- What is your favorite genre of music? Write a poem about the genre. Can you recreate the feeling and rhythm of the music with only words?
- pick a random object or action, something you have no emotions or attachments to. Describe the object or action as you see it. After you have the description written down go back and add as much emotion and feelings as you can to the description.
- What is the most clear memory you have of your childhood? Take that memory and turn it into a larger than life story.
I hope these, like every week’s writing prompts, inspire you or challenge you to write more. Please, let me know if you use the prompts as I would love to read what came out of them.
Also, Thank you for reading.