- Where are you most peaceful? Where can you relax the easiest? Write about this place.
- Write a fictional story where the main character feels different. Are they really? What makes them different?
- Write a story about your future kids or kids that you have, but set it in their future. What are your hopes for them? How do you hope their life or lives have turned out? What do you want for them?
- Motivation can be a powerful thing. It can push you towards the seemingly impossible or lack of it can stop you from doing anything at all. Write a poem about motivation. How does it affect you? Are you usually a motivated person or does it take a lot to motivate you? What is your relationship with motivation?
- What is your inner monologue right now? What are you thinking about, besides writing? What is important in your life at this moment? Let your thoughts flow on the page/ screen. You can edit it to make sense to your audience, but stay true to you and your thoughts.
You know the last DreamWard Bound post I wrote about how this past week was rough for me. I was not that happy while writing it because on paper, or at least the part of the paper that I was looking at, it was not a good. I believe most of it was because I just needed to completely turn off my brain for three hours, which I did on Sunday.
After my major nap I realized a few important details that my brain left out. During this last month I have met some milestones. I am in the double digits with my creative YouTube channel. My Facebook page reached 50 likes. I have had the most views ever on this blog for the month. Also, the last milestone is one that I am super excited. I haven’t reached it yet, but I am so close it’s worth mentioning. This blog will reach it’s 2,000th view in 8 views. It may have reached it since I’ve written this, but since I am publishing this in the morning, who knows.
The point is both my channel and my blog are growing. They both are getting some traction, so although it is rough at times it’s worth it. I am so happy that I am writing, creating, and learning about how far I can push myself. Even more, I am super thrilled that there are people out there reading and watching my work.
You reading, you are great and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. It is because of you and the others who have found me that I am reaching milestones. I mean I am not the one viewing my blog 2,000 times or watching the videos I upload, at least not every day or in a way that it counts.
Yesterday in between serving at my church I recorded an introduction video for YouTube. I realize that I will need to record this video again, but it is something at least.
I almost did not do it, then I almost did not get a chance to edit it. I had a million excuses not to, but then a quiet nudge reminded me that if I did not record this video it would be the first week (with the exception of my vacation week) that I would miss a recording since I started that goal. I was tired from waking up early, did not have anything really prepared, then my camera died before I was really finish.
Still I edited it together the best I could and uploaded it to YouTube. I watched it again to make sure that I was comfortable in publishing it and you know what it’s not as bad as I thought. However, I want to know what you think. Is it entertaining or informational? Does it make you want to know more or at least pay a bit of attention to my channel?
Here is the video, let me know what you think.