I mentioned in my last DreamWard Bound post that I had a project or series that I wanted to do. This will be the start of it.
Every Friday I will be creating/ publishing a list of 5 writing prompts. I will either think of things that I want to write about or feel like I can be challenged by. I also may use prompts from other blogs (in which case I will cite my resources). No matter where the writing prompts come from or why I am listing them, I will then use them in the upcoming week’s blog posts.
Also, I invite you now to use any and all writing prompts I list. My hope for this project is that I inspire, challenge, or simply share ideas with fellow writer. I want to see what you readers and writers come up with.
Here is the first list:
- Imagine a world where airplanes and dragons or other mythical flying creature exist together. What would flight look like? What would travel be like?
- Do you have a fun or interesting story about traveling? How did you travel? Where were you going? Why were you traveling?
- How do you wake up? Do you spring out of bed, almost always fully rested or do you hit snooze? What is it like for you to wake up on a typical morning?
- Design a sci-fi/ fantasy hero. What is his or her world like? What is his or her background? What makes this character unlike the rest? What makes them unique?
- Write a Sonnet. If you need more information about what a sonnet is and the rules for a sonnet you can go to shadowpoetry.com